Sunday, May 10, 2015

Long time--Catching up to May 2014

It's been way too long since I updated.  There were some big changes and then things were pretty stable for a while and I got lazy.

Anyway, Feb. 1, 2014 I had my 3rd lithium toxicity.  That was the end for lithium.  This one involved being violently ill  to the point my mom almost called an ambulance but there isn't a good place near here for psych and there was no way to get me to my hospital so we waited and watched and I stopped taking lithium.  Sometime after that I began to get depressed and wanted lithium back, even knowing it was a bad idea. So my Seroquel XR was increased to 1200 mg.  That stopped the symptoms I was having then pretty effectively.  So at that point my meds were:

  • Seroquel XR 1200 mg
  • Emsam 9 mg/24 hour transdermal
  • Klonopin 2 mg bedtime, 1-2 mg PRN 
  • Gabapentin 400 mg
  • Topamax 25 mg
  • Amitiza 24 mcg twice a day (constipation)
  • Singulair 10 mg (asthma)
  • synthroid 88 mcg (thyroid)
  • Vit. B
  • multi-vitamin
  • Vit. D
  • Calcium
  • Amerge (triptan for migraines)
  • magnesium (for migraines)
  • Vicodin prn for migraines that don't respond to Amerge or that Amerge won't work for as it has a window of opportunity that is minutes long)
  • inhalers as needed (I choose to not use one for maintenance because it makes me hyopmanic)

In April 2014 an extremely stressful event occurred in my family and I was using all my Klonopin and still couldn't sleep so a low dose of Valium was given.  I could use 1.25-5 mg and mostly was pretty good around 2.5 mg.  It worked quickly and effectively and I got 8-10 hours of sleep and woke up refreshed.  I tapered off that in late May 2014.

No comments: